Skip to content
- 2 pounds Serrano Peppers
- 6 Celery Stalks
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
- 6 cups Water
- 40 Garlic Cloves
- 12 ounces Spanish Olives (stuffed with Pimiento)
- 1 tablespoon Oregano (dried)
- 2 cups Canola, Avocado, or Grapeseed Oil
- 2 cups Vinegar (white, cider or combo)
- Rinse peppers and cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick. (WEAR GLOVES!) Dice celery. Dissolve 1 Cup Kosher salt into 2 cups warm water in a large (non-metal) bowl. Add the peppers and celery and additional water as necessary to cover the peppers. Refrigerate at least overnight, or up to 3 days.
- After the peppers have brined, rinse and drain well, and return to the bowl. (I rinse a couple of times, shaking out some of the seeds.) Chop the garlic (I like not-too-small pieces), slice the olives, and add into the bowl with the peppers. Add the Oregano and about a 1/4 cup of oil, and mix together.
- Transfer the pepper mix into clean jars, and then top off with vinegar and oil (approximately half and half, or more vinegar if you prefer.) Let the pepper mix sit for 2-3 days in the refrigerator, gently shaking the jars occasionally. Use within 2-3 weeks.